Cancellations and Changes
The modification and cancellation options depend on the type of fare selected for your ticket. Before confirming your booking, you can check the fare conditions by clicking on the info bubble.
- Low cost: Non-refundable. Changeable - For 50% of the original ticket price, in addition to any price difference between the new and old ticket, this fare can be modified up to three days before departure.
- Economy: Non-refundable. Changeable - For 20% of the original ticket price, in addition to any price difference between the new and old ticket, this fare can be modified up to three minutes before departure.
- Flex: Refundable - Ticket can be cancelled with a 20% cancellation fee up to three minutes before departure. Changeable - Free of charge up to three minutes before departure. This ticket can also be changed to the next available train, at the Italo counter or by calling Italo Assistenza +39 06 89371892, up to two hours after the original departure time.
Italo offer a variety of special and discounted fares.
- Italo Senior – Passengers, over the age of 60, are eligible for a 50% discount on the Flex fare in Prima ambience class between Monday and Thursday. On all the other dates, passengers over the age of 60 are eligible for a 40% discount on the Flex fare in Prima ambience class.
- Italo Special 50% - Flex fares departing between 10:30 AM and 14:30 PM on Tuesdays or Wednesdays are eligible for a 50% discount.
- Italo Special Sabato – Flex fares departing on Saturdays from 9 am are eligible for a 50% discount. Must be purchased 3 days in advance.
- Day return ticket up to 50% - Fares returning on the same day are eligible for discounts of up to 50%.
Animals weighing less than 10kg, carried in appropriate containers, travel free of charge. One container per passenger. Dogs weighing more than 10kg are subject to a 50 euro fee and may only travel with you if you have purchased a Flex fare in Comfort, Smart or Prima ambience class. For dogs weighing more than 10kg, you will be provided with a special dog travelling kit and you must therefore register your dog by telephone with the Italo customer service team up to 2 hours prior to departure.
Foldable bicycles transported in bicycle bags are carried free of charge. Unfortunately, other bicycles cannot be carried.
The Italo luggage policy allows you to take as much luggage as you can carry on the train free of charge. However, please be advised that storage space is limited.
Your ticket will be delivered via email. You can either print your ticket, or display it in PDF format directly on your electronic device. Tickets purchased via the self-serve ticket machines must be printed.